I will not make any New Year resolutions for 2014 because resolutions can be set-ups for bipolar lows and highs:
- If I make resolutions and break even one, I will become depressed.
- If I break more than one, I will become more depressed.
- If I keep even one resolution for at least six months, I may become hypomanic with pride.
- If I keep all my resolutions, or even most of them, all year, I may become manic with self-congratulations.
· By not making resolutions, I can feel good about myself without the pressure of how I decided in 2013 to behave in 2014.
But whether or not you make New Year resolutions, have a fine 2014.